We are family!!!

We are family!!!

Friday, July 30, 2010


I wanted to sit down and blog about my WA experience. I felt like it is best to put what is in my heart to words. I need to show you all what the Lord has done. We pulled into WA Sept 20, 2008. It is really hard to believe that it has been almost 2 years. Being a “NEW” Army wife, not new to the military I have to say I was scared of what our future held. I knew that the Lord had OPENED all the doors necessary for us. We pulled into town that Saturday, listening the ECU football game on our XM Radio. I really longed to be home and well see my Pirates play. How could the NW possibly even love football the way the south does? WA welcomed us with well a DOWNPOUR! It was quite funny. I told John, man I know it rains a lot here but this is rough. As we were going over the passes (could not see a thing) we would come about the clouds and there was no rain and then down into the clouds we would drive in the down pour. It was a very neat experience. On into Auburn, then Kent and then Puyallup.
We had been told about an apartment complex that we thought would be great. We headed there to check them out. Had our 1st meal at Applebee’s! The place was packed and we were able to see our Gators play! AHHHH! Sigh of relief. We then got settled into our hotel on Fort Lewis (Now Joint Base Lewis McChord) and were ready for church the next day. A sweet waitress in ID had told us about Puyallup 4 Square Church. We looked at a sermon on I tunes and feel in love!
So we headed into Puyallup. We left an hour early, because we did not know how long it was going to take us to get there. Let’s just say we were 20 minutes late for church! It was the last day of the FAIR! The church is oh only a block from the Fair Grounds. They welcomed us with open arms and still to Hannah-Grace into Child Care. I was so impressed. We did wear our Carolina Panther’s jerseys to church that morning. The people there were so funny! They had their Sea Hawks jerseys on too! They razzed us and well we razzed them back. This is starting to feel like home! Roger preached and great sermon and John and I looked at each other and we KNEW this is where the Lord wanted us. In all my LATE NIGHT FRANTIC internet searching for a home, church and school, I did not come across 4 square! It was so the Lord’s way of showing me He was in total control. We were getting Hannah-Grace into the truck when we hear, “HEY! How about those Jacksonville Jaguars?” I turned to give and EXCUSE ME look! When lo and behold it was Roger! He walked over to us and starts laughing! He asked us where we were from and we explained our situation and how we loved the sermon. He told us that afternoon was the New Comer’s Dessert. So we went grabbed lunch and headed back. Roger was so open to us and really answered a lot of our questions about the church. It amazes to this day how the Lord arranged us to be feed by an amazing Pastor and Church! Foursquare we will forever be grateful!
Within 2 weeks of moving here we found out that John would be deploying for a year in less than 5 months. Not to count all the training to get ready I knew our time would be very very short. I knew I had to put on my BIG GIRL PANTIES and well suck it up! I was sent out to WA for a reason. The Lord had people he wanted to put in my life and me in theirs. I was scared, because I did not know anything about the Army ways and traditions. I know you are thinking military is military, well it is NOT in any way the same! I learned really quickly with the Marine Corps if they wanted you a wife they would have issued you one in boot camp! It helped to have a Sgt Maj tell me that too! I knew I better be seen and not heard. In the Army, they generally cared about the family and well amazed me with the Army Family Covenant. I took AFTB classes and got in to the groove of being an Army wife really fast.
My first friend out here was Tami! I loved getting to know you and your wonderful family. Thank you for taking me by the hand and really showing the ropes to Fort Lewis. Thank you for opening your home and heart to me and my family. I know that we will be friends for a lifetime. I love our late night text and how we can go a week or so without talking and know that your there no matter what! I am so proud of you in all your accomplishments and you’re my Army sister from another mister to me! I love you Hun!
Mrs. Carol you have been an amazing well of knowledge. In meeting you in the AFTB classes was so amazing. You have opened your heart to me! Thank you for being that wonderful example of an Army wife! Thank you for all my silly questions and wanting to know what Army Reg is this or that! Thank you for always showing me love! I will miss you and Samara so very much! Love you both!
Kessie, what can I say. You’re the best battle buddy I could have ever had! Yes, you’re my little sister but you’re so much more than that. Thank you so much for always being there with a smile and a hug. Your love for me and Hannah-Grace is so contagious. I loved our nights of Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother, Bachelor, and Army Wives. I thank you for giving me a chance even though I am a Republican! You’re a wonderful hostess and cook! Thank you for your encouragement and helping me get to be a decent cook.  You having HG days and giving me a break meant so much! I will miss our breakfast! I felt like I knew Brandon when he got home, even though I had never meet him. I am so glad that our silly hubby’s get along so well! You will always be my little sister and I love you Hun!
Getting into the ESC was one of the best ways to network for me. I have met wonderful lifelong friends from this. Tami, Cindy, Brandie, Kelly, Katie, Carol and of course Carla! You ladies have been the best pals a girl could ask for. You all have opened your arms to me and shown me true love! Thank you for taking this old Marine Corps wife and showing me how to be an Army Wife! You ladies always know how to have a good time and great laughs!!! You all hold a special place in my heart!
PWOC was also the best way for me to network. Through PWOC I have meet amazing women of Faith. You all have seen me though the good and bad. You all are amazing prayer warriors and sister of Christ. Tina and Candice I thank you so very much for telling me about PWOC. Tina thanks so much for pushing me to meet you there! You know I am not a morning person. Through PWOC I have been aligned with so many sister of Christ. Thank you Tina, Candice, Deb, Dee Dee, Diana, Dawn, Jessie, Sara, Lea, Chinook, Mary, Robyn, Nikki, Johnena and Carol. You ladies have been just so open and wonderful to me. We have had our tear and our HALLELUJAH’s! Thank you for always being there with an ear and a prayer. PWOC really networked me with A LOT more people than this. All the sisters of PWOC are amazing women. PWOC bible studies allowed me to grow and mature as a Woman of God.
WA has amazed me with her natural beauty. I have been blown away by Mount Rainier. I can never get use to seeing her. The 1st time I saw her she took my breathe and has not stopped. The state of WA is so beautiful! From the coast to the Cascade’s being able to discover some of the gems has been a blast. I have loved showing you off to friends and family that have come to visit. I will be back to and recommend ANYONE to come and visit WA! She is a nice keep secret! Fort Lewis now JBLM has been an amazing Army post. I was scared at how many gates this placed had and how big of a post it was. We have never been stationed at a place quiet so large. Fort Lewis has been a great 1st post for any Army Family!
Our 22 months here have flown by! I have learned what it is like to live with dusk being at 3pm in the fall and winter and at 10pm in the summer. I have learned that fog, well it rolls in like it does in horror movies! I know now where that comes from. The reason people love coffee here (I am just a guilty) is because it is cold and wet all the time. It makes you want it. I have learned that summer is not just May-Sept. It can be just a couple of weeks in July and August. I have learned to live without AC and for this southern belle, it has been an EXPERIENCE! I have learned that you can keep in touch with your other friends from the past via Facebook. One of the 1st arguments John and I had when we moved here was that I was always on the computer. Well that is where my friends were! That is where you all will be. You all are friends for life.
Being a military wife I have learned that you never say good-bye. You always say see you soon. I will see you all very soon! Like I have told most of you, see you here, see you there or see you in the air! Thank you all for being there for me, I love you!!!

No comments: