We are family!!!

We are family!!!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bad Girls...

Yesterday HG and I went to the mall in Tacoma. I can count on 2 hands how many times I have been there since we moved her almost 2 years ago. Well as we were walking in with our neighbor and her kids, all of a sudden 2 mall cops are wrestling with a lady. She is screaming "I didn't take anything!" Well everyone has stopped and we are all staring. She is FIGHTING. She knocked over a sign and well it took 3 mall cops to take her down.
My sweet and adorable HG yells "STOP!!!" When they did not listen she started to cry. I was trying to walk on, she is screaming at me. I felt so bad that my innocent child had to see something like that. I ended up having to pick her up and comfort her. I am NOT suppose to do that, well the Mommy in me took over....
We talked and I told her she did not have the money to pay for something and took it. It is against God's laws that we don't take things or steal.
My kiddo asked she is a "Bad Girl?". I had to tell her yes. Well then her little mind started to wonder. She starts telling me Mommy I want be a Bad Girl cause I don't want those Mean Guys to get me. I tell her they are not mean guys cause they are doing their job, and they don't get you unless you are really really bad.
On the to the car, the lady is sitting in the cop car in front of our car. She see's her "Behind the cage" as HG said. She tells me, "Mommy I want to live with you forever." I told her she can leave with me forever. We would love to have her live with us forever. She said I don't want to be put in the cage.
She tells John at bedtime, " I am going to be a good girl and not be put in a cage." I feel so bad that my child had to see something like this. It is so not fair to see her innocence taken from her in regards to people getting in trouble with the law.
I would love to have a conversation with that woman and tell her not only did you steal 2 pairs of pants but you took something from my child I can NEVER get back. It just makes me realize that our actions in public might not just effect us but others too.....

No comments: