We are family!!!

We are family!!!

Friday, December 31, 2010

In 2011 I Will Earnestly Seek Heaven!

In 2011 I Will Earnestly Seek Heaven!
What can I say other than it is 5am on December 31, 2010. WOW! Where did this year go? I have been awaken by a pull, tug or shall I say shove from the Holy Spirit. Each year I have made a resolution to not make resolutions. Resolution has many definitions. However it does not say it is forever changed. I think that is what we need to look at new beginnings as being forever changed. It has been many years now that I have done a 40 fast of “something”. I have fasted sweet tea, well I still love tea, however it has been replaced with un-sweet. In 2007 I fasted soda, had my gastric bypass and never looked back. I can officially say that as of tomorrow it has been 4 years since I have had a soda! Praise the Lord. I have fasted Facebook and MySpace in the past. Last year I fasted all Fast Food restaurants. Being a single Mom at the end of a one year deployment, that was a challenge. However it inspired me to find, new, fast dishes to serve my family. It has changed my life.
So this year, I had not “settled” on what to fast if anything. I keep thinking, well I have John back and he leaves again early 2011 and well that is a fast that is hard to take and deal with. Why should I fast anything? So, I had been in prayer about it and just had not felt a definite answer from the Lord as to what I was to fast for 2011. As we know the Lord’s timing is perfect. He has awoken me this morning, with a very excited, joyful, and alive spirit about 2011! I feel that the Lord is asking me to Fast Facebook for the 1st 40 days of the year.
 In the past week I have been on it in sheer boredom.  I have even looked up status shuffle stuff about being board. WOW, really? Why am I board? Why is that I go to Facebook 1st thing most mornings. I have it on my computer & phone. I post things that cause people to get into heated discussions. I pray that most of my post are life giving and show my love and desire to follow the Lord every step in every day. However I should not do it out of boredom. I feel the Lord asking me to step back. Not to be so addicted to what other think or feel (comments to my postings). No, I am not going to be going “off line”, “off my rocker”, maybe!  However it will be for the Lord and I am honored to do so!
I feel the Lord wants me to still engage with the world through tweets and my blog. So to post things out there on the World Wide Web and well not be addicted to what others think or say. I love to read comments from you all. In fact I love it too much. So the Lord ask you to seek with your heart what is first and that is an idol, so I feel like Facebook as become an idol for me. I want that to be broken. I want to the Lord to be first in my heart! So as 2010 comes to a roaring close and well 2011 it is a new beginning a new start, and yes a challenging year. I am excited to seek the Lord’s Face not Facebook!  That is why my banner for 2011 is:
In 2011 I Will Earnestly Seek Heaven!
Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Even the devil believes in God. However He has called us to have a relationship with him. To trust Him in all things and seek His face alone!
Matthew 6:33 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” God ask us to seek Him in our thoughts and desires. Him and him alone! God gives us a choice to choose His face daily.
Isaiah 55:6 “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.” God does not plan on moving away from us. However we move away from Him. Many times we put up a wall between God and ourselves. So I am seeking God now, while He can still be found.
I do ask for your prayers please. Please pray for our family as we have been reunited almost a year and we face yet another deployment in the very near future. Yes, a year is a “long” time; however we have had some hard test (reintegration as a family, my surgery, a move, field exercises, deployment work ups & a miscarriage) this year and sailed through them with flying colors.  This time it feels different. I did not expect it to be harder, however it does feel harder. So please be in prayer for us as we soak up every moment together we can before we have to live a life apart for another year. Please pray Psalm 91 over my husband and home. We know that the Lord has called us to the Army to serve and minister and when we do things for the Lord, He will stretch us and only make us better disciplines for Him!
So yes, you will see posting on my Facebook wall through my Blog and tweets. However I will not be on Facebook till February 9, 2011. Please feel free comments them, to call me, text me or e mail me anytime. I am not cutting off communications, just not logging on to Facebook! Have a wonderful New Year and New Beginning! God Bless! 

No comments: